Where are all the clients?
Have you asked yourself that recently? Do you have a dream number for your client roster, and are you falling short? There is more than enough work to go around so why is your phone not ringing and your inbox filled with ads and emails from friends?
Well, it is safe to say that you have not niched.
Yes, you have probably heard that word and you may even think that you have niched with your birth and postpartum business. So, let me ask you this, is your phone ringing?
So why do we need to niche with our doula business?
- There can be a lot of competition, depending on where you live
- Most doulas share with the bebo mia team how much they hate to sell (we do too!)
- Niching makes it easy because you are just problem solving and not selling
- It allows you to attract the exact clients you are looking for – because you are ‘their type’ which leads to an amazing working experience for you and your clients
- This makes for an overall WAY easier, and more joyful, transaction
Does any of that sound appealing for your business? You had us at no more selling – yuck!
Now niching is made up of two components: Target Market + Offer
Target market is not just demographics like age, ethnicity, gender! This includes psychographics, which is the depth and dimension of humans. It is who they are and who you want to target your doula marketing to. Here are some questions to help you really get to know who you want to work with:
- Where do they live? (Urban/Suburban/Rural)
- What are their values?
- What do they want in life? Life goals?
- What are their hobbies/interests?
- Who are their idols?
- What stores do they shop in? Their buying habits?
- What coffee shops do they love?
- Where do they hang out online?
- How do they dress?
- What are their personality traits?
- What language do they use to talk about things?
- What worries them, keeps them up at night?
- What are their needs/wants?
Think of your dream client, and answer those questions. I bet your target market is coming into focus now!
2. The Offer
You are a genius! Congratulations!
Every single one of us has knowledge and skills (or a zone of genius) that makes us who we are. It can be hard sometimes to give ourselves that much credit… and it’s the gosh darn truth. This is what makes you as perfect for your perfect client as they are for you.
You need to be different and solve a clear problem for your target market. You need to solve the problem they know they have, not the one you know they have. We know, that sounds weird and it is true. Solve what is making them suffer. And do it in your way!
Your zone of genius
What you solve for your target market with your doula business, in the way you do it, is your unique zone of genius. This will be the exact thing that sets you and your business apart from the rest.
No one can do what you do!
The sky’s the limit here because no one can DO YOU like you.
Some questions that might help you with your offer and doula marketing:
- Why should a client choose you?
- What makes you different from others in your area that have the same service?
- Are you more fun?
- Most experienced?
- Cost Effective/ Budget Friendly
- Socially conscious?
- An expert on a certain topic?
- The original?
- What do friends/family/clients always ask you about?
- What are people ALWAYS asking in groups that you know the answer to?
- What are my strengths when working with clients?
- What do you love to do?
- Is there a market for this, is this something people want/need?
Sometimes when you are in the thick of it, it can be hard to see what you are doing. Having fresh eyes can make all the difference. The team at bebo mia do exactly that by supporting you in getting really clear about your niche and getting your roster full!
If you are looking to succeed in the business world, our Business consulting for women services are designed to provide you with the guidance and insights you need. We understand that navigating the business landscape can be challenging, and that’s where our expertise comes in.
Without niching you are trying to talk to everyone and really it means you are talking to no one. When you talk directly to someone, they can feel it and when you solve their exact problem (and no, it is likely not lowering the chances of an epidural), they cannot resist getting the solution from you!