Motorcycle collisions can be fatal, so you might want to consider your legal possibilities if you were involved in such a situation. In this article, we answer the most asked questions about New York motorcycle accidents so you know what to do when you encounter one.
What Are the Most Typical Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in New York?
Accidents involving motorcycles are frequently severe because of how unsafe they are. As a result, there are numerous ways in which these accidents might occur. Sometimes, these mishaps result from malfunctioning mechanical components, unfavorable weather, or dangerous road conditions. The majority of them, nevertheless, are the result of careless driving.
The following are some of the most typical examples of motorist negligence:
- High-speed driving
- Disregarding traffic signals, signs, and other regulations
- Driving when intoxicated
- Driving while distracted.
You might be eligible for financial compensation if you suffered injuries in a motorbike accident due to a motorist engaging in the above behaviors. But you need a Motorcycle Lawyer to help you avoid injustices against motorcycles and prove the other driver’s negligence.
What Kinds of Injuries are Possible in Motorcycle Accidents?
Severe injuries may happen from motorcycle accidents. The following list includes some of the most typical motorcycle accident injuries:
- Head traumas like concussions
- Bone fractures
- Spinal cord damage
- · Lacerations
- Internal wounds
- Highway rash
Contact a knowledgeable motorcycle accident lawyer in New York if you are dealing with any of the injuries above. They can help you seek proper medical attention and calculate the extent of your damages to seek fair compensation.
What Should I Do Following a Motorcycle Accident?
After a motorbike accident, you must establish that negligence occurred to file a lawsuit. The best way to do this is to do the following:
- Dial 911 as soon as possible after the collision. The police have several powers, including calling an ambulance, reporting an accident, running chemical testing, and more.
- You should also make sure to take pictures of the scene. A lot of motorcycle riders wear bodycams so they can record any incidents. You should document the event using pictures and videos at the accident scene.
- Getting in touch with witnesses is a crucial additional step to do. If someone witnessed your accident, they could corroborate your account, which is extremely helpful in a motorcycle lawsuit.
- You must visit the hospital as soon as possible following the accident. This will guarantee that your wounds receive the proper care. Additionally, it will enable you to get documentation of the cause and severity of your injuries. Ask for any pertinent medical records before you leave the hospital.
- Finally, be sure to get in touch with a motorcycle lawyer immediately. They might be able to get hold of more proof, such as surveillance video and police reports, and determine whether you have a solid claim.
Motorcycle accidents are dangerous and can leave you with catastrophic injuries. Engaging a motorcycle lawyer is advisable to overcome people’s prejudice against motorcycle riders and avoid being blamed for the accident.